Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

Help with wanting to stay in Cave

Jake2

Help with wanting to stay in Cave

Post by Jake2 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:08 pm

Out of 32 year marriage with Cluster B. Appreciate insights from Richard. Spot on . Recent regression to wanting to isolate and not move physically . 7 years out so I cannot figure out recent trigger. Feels like grief. Doing First Aid course. I also question if I'm being rebellious. I've fought the good fight, but now question my present state. Tired but don't know what's draining me. Need help with this issue. Thanks

Jake2

Re: Help with wanting to stay in Cave

Post by Jake2 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:11 pm

Someone must have experience with this issue:-) Reply appreciated!
    BMorganStrong

Post by BMorganStrong on Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:27 am

Hey Jake2. My situation isn't exactly like yours, but I thought somebody should answer and I HAVE recently emerged from MY cave.

Spartan Life Coach courses helped me. I've bought about 4 of them and haven't completed all the exercises yet but I can tell you that the Narc Abuse Course is the first one I bought and the one that worked to get me to come back out. It includes some hypnosis audio files that really helped plus the exercises are a MUST. It all seems kind of corny at first, but it really does work and it really did help. I have C-PTSD, like most after contact with a narc, and Richard knows what we need to heal and never go back. It sounds to me, as a newbie, like you might need to do those exercises and listen to some affirming hypnosis. Just my opinion.

Jake2

Post by Jake2 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:01 pm

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I will continue doing course work.
    Cheers! I

Mar

Post by Mar on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:02 pm

Perhaps you have again stopped feeling the feel....

I'm just beginning to realize that almost everything is a trigger. Sad thing is, that staying in the cave becomes a trigger in its own right.

So many years you've been in that relationship, give yourself more time and more selflove. And take very small steps.
    gigiminer

Post by gigiminer on Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:48 pm

It happens. I'm not that far into my recovery, but I've no doubt this isn't a one-time healing deal. It could be something as simple as your diet or something as complicated as an emotional flashback you can't pinpoint.

Were it I, I'd just keep thinking about it. See if you can remember your dreams. If a song resonates with you, think about that. Sometimes TV or movies will tweek us a bit. Just be present and pay attention best you can to see what "clues" come to you.

That's the only way I've found that works for me. I've accepted that the rest of my life is going to be healing. Even when I'm 90% there, I try to keep in mind that there will always be a small percentage of untapped unconscious. At least that way it doesn't seem to hit so hard when it does come.

Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:23 am