Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

Where am I ?

Lennie

Where am I ?

Post by Lennie on Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:39 am

Hi, thanks for your infective energy I have been watching some of your videos instead of working.
    You see my Dad is a narcissist, my brother on a life section with schizophrenia because he hit my Mum with a big chain and smashed her head, face, shoulders and arms in, she was in a coma for months but is now very brain damaged. over 25 years ago.
    Although parents are divorced, Father looks after Mother, he did try to re marry her but my sister stood up and said Mum does not know what's going on, so the law said he could't. Mum had money, Dad didn't, and wanted some.
    I am now 60 and I want to get on an even keel at last, I have been quite wild in the past but relatively successful, I think I may be a narcissist myself ! I went to the doctor and 10 weeks later, (yesterday) had an assessment with a mental nurse, they said I should have one to one with a mind doctor then group therapy and the waiting list is at least 10 months. This made me sad because for the first time I have discovered this clusters A,B and C, off the internet and my family is right accross this spectrum.     I have cut contact with my father in September after a blistering tirade complete with lunges, being told to F off, that he wished I'd never been born etc etc etc one last time, so I am no contact. However I love my Mum.
    Anyway I couldn't wait 10 months to speak with someone who knows about these things, so I emailed someone off the Mind list and they said "Thanks for your email. I understand that you are looking for a diagnosis, perhaps to make sense of your experiences.
    As a psychologist in private practice I focus more on assessment of goals for therapy rather than diagnosis per se, I am familiar with the terminology that you are using in terms of diagnosis and clustering, but if it's a formal diagnosis that is most important right now I wonder if you may be better in seeking out a psychiatrist?"
    Please advise me where to go from here, I will now look up those Greek words.
    Thankyou very much. bounce  Shocked  Sad

Last edited by Lennie on Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quotation marks for better comprehension, somebody thought i was psychologist.)

Auroma

Re: Where am I ?

Post by Auroma on Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:02 am

Hi I need advice from you. It sounds strange but I feel u know more about life than I do.

Lennie

Post by Lennie on Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:06 pm

My advice is not forthcoming, i'm asking for advice, not giving it !

Auroma

Post by Auroma on Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:00 am

Ok

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:42 am