Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

How do I help my children who live with a narc

Stronger each day

How do I help my children who live with a narc

Post by Stronger each day on Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:50 pm

Long story short my ex (narc) and his new source (new wife) have almost full time custody of our 7 year old daughter (golden child, flying monkey) and 8 year old Son ( scapegoat). I also have a 17 year old daughter who has no father or strong male role model in her life. She was (in hindsight and much to my shame) made into a narc source buffet from about the age of 8. She is regularly exposed to my pain, anger and general venting. I try to avoid this. I need to focus on doing this less. I rant and rave and show "proof". I am learning and it is a long journey. A marathon not a sprint. I need to know which areas to strengthen in my children's mental health development. Critical thinking comes to mind as a tool to help cope with gaslighting. Validation, strong inner voice of self worth. Ideas? Tips? No contact is not an option. At this stage we are trapped. Learning / teaching gray rock is an idea. But how is the other question. How do I teach these and other vital life skills while under constant, relentless attack from the narc? Is there someone who specializes in this sort of thing...for free (money is a major road block)? I have tried to keep this as condensed as possible. Thank you for your time and input.

Current date/time is Wed May 24, 2017 2:44 pm