Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

Feelings/Needs List : EMDR Trauma Release : THANK YOU RG for 7/11 Podcast : Black Sheep Froggy Gal Here : QUESTION re: NPD & Alzheimer's

lightworker70

Feelings/Needs List : EMDR Trauma Release : THANK YOU RG for 7/11 Podcast : Black Sheep Froggy Gal Here : QUESTION re: NPD & Alzheimer's

Post by lightworker70 on Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:01 pm

Hello,

Hope this can help others too! Something Richard said recently mentioned finding a list of feelings. This work is incredibly powerful (Non-Violent Communication). Google it since the system won't allow me to post links at this time.

- Google NVC Feelings List and Needs List

- Also, part of my recovery, healing from C-PTSD includes the highly effective, scientifically-based EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing - EMDR). This is not re-traumatizing and roots out the trauma at the core, in the brain, thereby thwarting flashbacks - because the traumas are gone at the root and then positive reprogramming is laid down after trauma releases! These are game-changers and both NVC and EMDR are International Organizations. Just Google it.

- THANK YOU RICHARD for that profound podcast you did on July 11th. That changed my life! Your courage, wisdom, authenticity and humor ROCKS! I have been and am in the throes of "doing the hard childhood work" with an extraordinary therapist, including EMDR (which I've done in the past and it's eliminated the trauma/triggers, so I know it works). Interestingly, the massive and elusive pieces of the puzzle have all fit together and the CLUNK that made it all click into place was your confrontational podcast. For years I've put together different pieces of fucked-up-ness of my upbringing and dad (new name: Sperm Donor), mom (new name: Oeuf) and Mary (sister : new name: Wicked Witch) have showed up over and over again in different relationships throughout my life. Same thread of toxic abuse and betrayal with different characters, especially over the last eleven years. Each relationship (friends, romantically and business) has gotten progressively fucked up and toxically, abusive. Although I've put together over the years that I'm co-dependent, addicted to abuse for some messed up reason, was a victim of sorts, however I've been the common denominator. For 10 years I've been searching for MY RESPONSIBILITY in the matter and Ah-HA! EUREKA! I'm the co-dependent, enabler, masochist that's struggled for years why I draw such painful, abusive situations to me, yet know I didn't deserve that. Although I saw that the "biologicals" are a cluster fuck of cluster-b, I had no idea how deep the rabbit hole went until now. So much of the abuse was insidious and covert, the physical abuse overt. I put in boundaries and then didn't stick to them,for years. I kept going back, thereby allowing the abuse and showing my niece/nephew that it was acceptable, and it's absolutely in-excusable. I didn't want to cut off my sister (niece, nephew), Oeuf etc. I went NO CONTACT with Wicked Witch last week and have withdrawn considerably from Oeuf. The bottom line is I can't heal, love me, have healthy relationships and success while still allowing abuse, family or not. So, I grieve the relationships I'd hoped for with the sis and rents, take 100% responsibility for bantering with the narc as the integral co-dependent enabler masochist. I'm ready to set that life down. At the fine age of 46, It's time for a life based in self-love. The only was out is through. Ouch and thank god. I'm SO grateful for this game-changer BREAKTHROUGH! I have a chance of a second chance and a different quality of life. Sadly, Oeuf and Wicked Witch have been residing far too long in Narc Ville.

- QUESTION:Richard, have you come across any link between Alzheimer's and NPD/Cluster B? Personally, I've known 4 who all developed Alzheimer's. I joked with a friend at some point about how convenient of a dis-ease for them to: forget, avoid responsibility, have cart blanch to behave however they want and it's justified, in addition to having their families and hospice wait on them hand and foot, and care-give until death?
    Sia

Re: Feelings/Needs List : EMDR Trauma Release : THANK YOU RG for 7/11 Podcast : Black Sheep Froggy Gal Here : QUESTION re: NPD & Alzheimer's

Post by Sia on Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:13 am

lightworker70 wrote:Hello,

I've known 4 who all developed Alzheimer's. I joked with a friend at some point about how convenient of a dis-ease for them to: forget, avoid responsibility, have cart blanch to behave however they want and it's justified, in addition to having their families and hospice wait on them hand and foot, and care-give until death?

I have a relative who escaped the clutches of his covert narc parents over a decade ago. He is living a wonderful life. Happily married and has a very successful tech business he runs from his home. His NARC mother has been exhibiting signs of Alzheimer's for little over a year. His father is contemplating placing the mother in a home. His father is a narc also. My relative said he is so glad he wrote them a thorough and detailed letter about their abuse and the effects on him at the time (he still has a carbon copy). His mother no longer recognizes him as her son. He is detached emotionally but involved in the preparation and decision along with his NARC father to have an at-home nurse or have his mother placed in a nursing daycare home. He feels his father will turn on his mother. Anyway, I asked him how he feels about his mother not being able to remember her abuse? He said, he feels nothing because he made peace with it through that old letter and therapy years ago. He has been estranged (a little over 10 years ago) from them up until about 18 months ago when his mother had an accident and was in the hospital.  

cariad

Re: Feelings/Needs List : EMDR Trauma Release : THANK YOU RG for 7/11 Podcast : Black Sheep Froggy Gal Here : QUESTION re: NPD & Alzheimer's

Post by cariad on Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:51 pm

Hi, what a great post. I am currently researching EMDR and also Andrew Austin's IEMT, which is similar. I am also reading Pete Walker's 'Tao of fully feeling', which, along with my first counselling session, has been the game changer for me. I cant believe how much I have avoided feeling and emoting, without having any inkling I was doing that, for so many years. Wow. So simple, it is at the heart (no pun intended!) of everything. It's going to be exhausting work but at least I know for sure that this is the answer- finally! After trying and failing at so much self-help!
    Anyway, I do wonder how this work and something like EMDR works together. We are meant to be feeling the feels, embracing them, acc3pting them not banishing them.. but trauma release seems to 'get rid' of these emotions. Am I missing something?

And regarding your Alzheimer's query.. my father was a narc and then had a stroke followed by dementia. He has had a complete personality change and I'm not sure why. Could be an actual change in the brain, or maybe just a change of tactic now that he heavily relies on my mother and has no authority or autonomy or responsibilities anymore. Interesting subject.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:51 am