Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

Time spent in purposeful mindfulness

Breakingfree

Time spent in purposeful mindfulness

Post by Breakingfree on Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:12 pm

How much time? Music, spoken or silent mindfull time? When practicing mindfulness, do we address the hurtful memories that jump into our mind, or do we shift away from them?
    mkmkmk28

Re: Time spent in purposeful mindfulness

Post by mkmkmk28 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:18 am

That is a good question. I would like to know that too. I have heard of just observe them, don't do anything with them, watch them float by like clouds, but it is so hard when you begin to actually not just observe but feel them.....its the feeling part that is so hard to just not do...because there are emotions attached to those feelings they can easily take you away from the fact that its just a thought and watch it go by...oh man if I could only do that. In my mind I sometimes try and really be someone else like a completely different person talking to me except a higher better self talking to me It has really helped me lately.
    Breakingfree

Post by Breakingfree on Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:52 am

After thinking more about my own question, I suppose 'shifting away' is not a great way of looking at it. I'm learning to allow my emotions to exist and to stay in the moment with them, as if I'm a better version of my self. I  am learning to be the Mother I should have had. I've also had to be a father for myself. This has helped me be a better Mother to my own children. I've been much less reactive and more proactive.
    This has been a huge break through for me.  

Healing my own wounds has been a challenge. Getting my abusive husband out of the house has helped. I kicked him out in November and still some days I react as if his land mines are planted around the house.  That's when I fall into a glazed over frozen state of day dreaming. I can shake free though... Moments like these help.
    'Feeling the feels...' I am building the confidence and allowing self compassion.

Last edited by Breakingfree on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mkmkmk28

Post by mkmkmk28 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:23 am

It has also came to the realization that it was done to me and it is not me, not who I am...not only was I sripped of my identity but I also took on the "bad" wrong , not valuable scapegoated person....I don't see myself as the victim, that they enjoyed seeing, I see myself as a survior and that has helped me as well...when these thoughts come up and try to derail my mindfulness.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:16 pm