Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression..."

Infid Elle

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression..."

Post by Infid Elle on Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:56 pm

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

I am doing a lot of reflecting, researching and journalling - trying to figure out my shit, and heal from narcissistic influences in my life. I have identified some issues as a result of narcissistic abuse:

1) Lack of support network and true "friends" - this is due to what I see as the west moving towards excessive individualism and self serving, narcissistic culture. I move to the other side of the world to get away from my narcissistic family (mother and brother).

2) My own unwillingness to open up and be hurt again because I have over the year been hurt really badly by friends, family and colleagues.

3) Inability to enjoy the smaller things in life due to trying to keep it together emotionally/psychologically

4) Came to a cross roads at 25, and chose a "business" related career path instead of a "creative" one.

5) Unhappy in my relationship - this is a long and painful story, I think we are "trauma" bound to each other as opposed to having a real connection. In a relationship yet feeling so alone.

6) Fighting my own brain dysfunction - the usual struggles of having ADHD and Aspergers

I do feel that as much as I have my own internal stuff to deal with, my environment is "sick" as well.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:23 am